Junior Web Programmer / Web Designer
EffectiV is looking for a talented, ambitious junior web programmer/web designer. This person will create web pages and page templates for new websites, and become a key player within our website management team.
Strong candidates will appreciate all aspects of website design, development and maintenance — including the website’s underlying technologies, the core goals of each website, best practices for website design.
Candidates should also appreciate the value of SEO and demonstrate a solid understanding of SEO best practices.
Required skills include:
- 1-3 Years experience authoring and updating HTML and CSS using a text editor
- Experience creating and updating HTML Emails; familiarity / comfort with email authoring tools such as Constant Contact, MailChimp and comparable
- Strong understanding of responsive web design, standards compliant HTML5 and CSS3
- WordPress Experience:
- Creating and working with custom themes and associated PHP templates
- Deployment of new WordPress instances; including MySQL database creation using phpMyAdmin, MySQL Workbench or similar